About the role:
If you have been working as a supervising tradesman or tutor in construction and are now looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the Pacific community this is the ideal role for you. You’ll need a blend of experience and enthusiasm for young people and the right credentials.
We have a Tutor/Mentor positions available now at the Oceania Career Academy for programmes preparing students for employment in the construction trades along with assessor duties.
As well as teaching and mentor duties the role includes working with the management team on the development of the organisations and proposals for initiatives in educational transitions to skilled work and higher education within the wider Pacific peoples’ social context.
Located in Auckland 40 hours per week – salaried position.
We are looking for someone with the vision, skills and trade qualifications to unleash the potential of Pacific students and set them on the path to lifelong skilled employment this is your chance. As the Tutor/Mentor you will
- Use current best practice to support the highest training standards and to provide a positive student learning experience
- Have a minimum of 3 years practical building industry experience including experience in carpentry at a supervisory level and hold a Trade Certification or National Certificate in Carpentry (level 4) Hold the National Unit Standard 4098 and the National Certificate in Adult Education and Training -Level 4 (or be willing to complete these courses)
- Assist to design and deliver training programmes in a manner that is consistent with the priorities and culture of OCA
- Provide pastoral support to students necessary to ensure their retention and success
- Actively engage with schools and also other stakeholders including commercial enterprises to maintain currency, relevance and credibility of the programme
- Support and contribute actively to the operation of OCA, including through project teams
Education. Empowerment. Employment is our theme. The Oceania Career Academy is NZQA and TEC accredited and is a unit of The Fono – the leader in unified wellbeing and development services for Pacific peoples. We acknowledge the support of Pasifika Futures and Foundation North. Our Campus is located in Rennie Drive Mangere in the Auckland Airport area.
To apply for this role, please email – email@example.com