OCA Certificate Level 3
The OCA Certificate in Introductory Business Management is a level 3 qualification that enables you to build on the knowledge and skills you have achieved in a trades-related qualifications or training schemes to help you operate as a small business owner or sub-contractor.
Learn in a culturally responsive workshop and learning environment with wrap-around Whanau Ora support tailored to Pasifika students.
Develop your resilience
You’ll be encouraged and supported to develop your resilience in terms of attitude, initiative and reliability, and enhance your self-confidence, self-esteem, self-management and other attributes to match the requirements of employers.
OCA Certificate in Introductory Business Management
The OCA Certificate in Introductory Business Management is a level 3 qualification that enables you to build on the knowledge and skills you have achieved in a trades-related qualification or training scheme.
If you envision your future as a small business owner, or sub-contractor in the construction industry, this programme enables you to acquire knowledge and skills to operate successfully as a small business owner. Gain a baseline understanding of the business drivers that create success in the day to day operations of a small sub-contractor.
What you learn
Develop the baseline business management skills you need to operate as a small business owner or sub-contractor
- Describe stages in the business life cycle in terms of their potential impact on the
continuing viability of a business
- Produce a spreadsheet suitable for a small business organisation to use in its everyday business
- Use a computerised accounts receivable and payable system to produce financial
- Identify, implement and maintain positive success factor for a team and take up a team
- Create and use and maintain a database for everyday business purposes; identify the features required to provide solutions. Use the database for reporting and decision making
- Identify the tasks and resources required for a project and use a computer programme to enter and monitor a project plan
|Study method and duration||1 day per week for 4 terms|
|Cost||Free for eligible students|
|Further study||Level 4 qualifications and higher|
|Career opportunities||Operate as a small business or sub-contractor in trades industries|
“Develop your skills to help you operate as a small business owner or sub-contractor in the trades industry”
Employer Spotlight: Phillip Ward
When John Kotoisuva knocked on the door of Metal Skills Ltd in East Tamaki, Factory Manager Phillip Ward was more than interested.more info
Employer Spotlight: Nathan Robertson, NR Developments
Finding good, reliable builder apprentices has sometimes been a challenge for NR Developments Director Nathan Robertson, who has been in the business since leaving school.more info
OCA is enrolling now – Kickstart your future today by completing our enrollment form