Has COVID-19 shattered your career plans? It’s time to pivot!
Start date: Rolling intake
Duration: 6 weeks
Entry requirement: Must be 16 years and older
This programme is free to eligible students
Don’t let a pandemic stop you achieving your goals. Train for a new career in a simulated work environment at our OCA Campus.
- Loads of hands-on projects
- Group and teamwork
- Industry workshops
- Plenty of real-world construction site experience
What will I learn?
- Develop the skills and confidence to successfully transition into the building industry
- Get the licences you need to work on site – Site Safe, Construct Safe, Working at Heights, Confined Spaces, First Aid
- Grow your Building Construction and Allied Trades Skills (BCATS)
- Read and interpret plans, working drawings and specifications
- Safe use of hand and portable power tools
- Develop in demand soft skills – punctuality, reliability, working in teams
- On site work experience and assessment on AP Civil worksites
How will OCA support me?
- Flexible learning programme that meets each learner’s individual needs
- Learn from Maori and Pasifika tutors who have extensive construction experience
- ITO (Industry Training Organisation) workshops to help you get work-ready
- Whanau Ora wrap around support – not only during your studies but after you graduate
- Individualised mentoring plans
- Health and counselling services through the Fono
- Navigation services to get you back into the workforce
What will I walk away with?
- The five licences you need to land an entry-level construction job
- Plenty of exposure to the construction site – a third of the course is dedicated to industry work experience
- NZQA and BCITO approved unit standards
Contact us on
0800 622 871
027 700 9549
Visit us at 92 Ascot Road, Airport Oaks, Mangere, Auckland 2022
Email us at email@example.com