TRADES AT SCHOOL
Interested in trades? Start building your career now!
OCA Certificate in preparing for work
Start date: School term
Duration: One year
Entry requirement: Must be Year 12/Year 13 with an approved school
This programme is free to all Year 12 and Year 13 students.
Want a taste of life in the construction industry? Step out of the school yard and into the OCA workshop.
- Engaging classes with lots of hands-on activities and carpentry projects
- Plenty of feedback, individual support and guidance from industry experienced tutors who know their stuff
- Role plays and group work
- Culturally sensitive and respectful environment
- Have fun and get a head start on your career!
What will I learn?
- Workplace rights, responsibilities and expectations – we’ll get you work-ready
- Safe workplace practices
- Life skills (work ethics, leadership, team building, budgeting, drug and alcohol awareness)
- Operate hand and power tools
- Build garden furniture and structures
- Major in building and construction or manufacturing and mechanical engineering. You choose!
How will OCA support me?
- Targeted mentoring
- Ongoing guidance – both during your studies and after
- Wrap-around support through the Fono
- Our tutors come direct from industry and can connect you with construction employers
What will I walk away with?
- Site Safe Certificate – First Aid
- Foundation industry and workplace skills that give you an edge
- A pathway into further training and work in building, construction and allied trades
Contact us on
0800 622 871
027 700 9549
Visit us at 92 Ascot Road, Airport Oaks, Mangere, Auckland 2022
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org