About the Role
The Oceania Career Academy has a special opportunity right now, for a keen person to join the team designing and delivering teaching and curriculum development for Pasifika people seeking employment in the health and wellbeing sectors. Designing and delivering a Health and Wellbeing pathway of qualifications.
As with all Oceania Career Academy courses, they are delivered to required academic standards consistent with the strategic priorities and culture of the organisation.
Located at various locations across Auckland. 40 hours per week – salaried position. Look to join the Team and make a difference in our Pasifika communities.
We are looking for someone with the vision, skills, and suitable experience to work with the dedicated team unleashing the potential of Pacific people and setting them on a path to lifelong, worthwhile employment.
As a Vocational Tutor, you will thrive on using your experience to inspire the students and their families we serve and have:
- An appreciation of Pacific peoples’ cultures and protocols with the ability to connect and build relationships within all Pacific communities.
- Hold appropriate tertiary qualification in a relevant field and NZ Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education Vocational/Workplace.
- Demonstrated experience and proven contribution (academic/professional/sector).
- Appropriate and relevant experience in tutoring and mentoring.
- Enthusiasm and a real desire to change lives.
Education – Empowerment – Employment is our theme. OCA is a NZQA Category One institution and is TEC accredited. It is a unit of The Fono Trust – the leader in unified well-being and development services for Pacific peoples. Our Campus is in the Auckland Airport area.
For an application form, job description or further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org putting OCAVT in the subject line.