As New Zealand’s only Pacific-owned and led private training establishment (PTE), we understand the cultural, social, educational, and employment barriers to success. That’s why we provide a Whānau Ora approach and wrap-around support to students and their families through Pasifika Futures (New Zealand’s Whānau Ora commissioning agency for Pasifika families) and OCA parent company, The Fono (New Zealand’s largest Pasifika NGO).
- To provide a culturally responsive workshop and learning environment with wraparound Whanau Ora support that takes into account the preferred learning styles of Pasifika students.
- To encourage and support their learners to develop self-confidence, self-esteem, self-management, and other attributes to widen their knowledge of the expectations of employers and employees in the workplace and to enhance their confidence and work readiness.
- To position graduates for entry into apprenticeships, entry-level employment (leading to apprenticeships) and/or further education and training in the construction trades or health and wellbeing sectors.
- Targeted mentoring
- Family violence services
- Mental health support
- Medical and dental assistance
- Alcohol and drug counselling
- Gambling and addiction management
We know that every student is unique and one size does not fit all. We are here to walk with you every step of your journey and will connect you with quality employers who provide skilled, well-paid work in New Zealand’s thriving construction industry and Health and Wellbeing sector.
OCA works in partnership with industry to deliver a qualified, skilled, professional and motivated workforce.,
Our goal? To see more young Pacific people in sustained, higher paid employment, providing what industry demands.
How do we achieve this? By working with industry through every aspect of our programmes, including:
- Supporting student transistion into the workplace.
- Development of training, skills and employment programmes.
- Matching student and employer needs.
- By working together, we inspire Pasifika youth to be the best they can be – outstanding students, employees, parents and leaders, not just within their families, but within their communities.
Every year OCA graduates go on to achieve great things, building their careers.
Sure, there are challenges along the way, but the continuing support and guidance of OCA’s alumni network gives graduates the very best chance of lifelong success.
- Ongoing mentoring, pastoral care, career planning and assessment support
- Find out about new job opportunities through our industry contacts
- Receive invites to networking events
- Get help with workplace and training issues
- Stay up to date with the latest industry news
Interested in becoming part of the OCA alumni network? CONTACT US